User friendly Free Software Desktops

Josef Dalcolmo dalcolmo at vh-s.de
Thu Jul 19 08:40:01 UTC 2001

markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk said:
> I think some MS products are good in this respect [...]
> Which respect?  That it's less stable, or that it performs less well?
> Don't go changing the issue, now ;-)

Win2000 is quite stable, at least stable enough for most people. If a crash
happens only once in several month, people don't like it, but they put up with
it if the rest is ok. Please compare up-to-date technology on both sides!

I don't see any performance difference when typing a letter, no matter what
program I use. Most of the time is spent by me, trying to figure out how to do
something, not by the program.

I believe you are comparing from the point of view of Homo Logicus, not Homo
Sapiens.

- Josef