User friendly Free Software Desktops

Stefano Maffulli stefano.maffulli at milug.org
Wed Jul 18 17:02:37 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 18 July 2001 17:23, Josef Dalcolmo wrote:
> I simply think that the current systems are still more designed by
> programmers for programmers, but not for average users (given that it is
> often a spare time effort, that is quite understandable). The average

This opinion of yours comes from using a GNU/Linux distribution that is
actually made by (experts) for (experts). Next time you should try to compare
Mandrake (don't  know about others) to WinXX: the difference between the two
systems is not so big. Integrated help system, all management task is done
via GUI (whether it works or not is another issue--like in M$ stuff)... you
can even disable the login screen, if you want, and have a "default" user
logged on every boot.

My 2cents, it's not a distro-flame-war,

byez
stef

--
Stefano Maffulli aka Reed                   | Milano Linux User Group
http://www.zoomata.com a close-up on italy  | http://www.milug.org