Nomenclature // was Re: New associate organization of the FSF Europe in Austria

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Wed Jul 18 11:31:57 UTC 2001

 || On 17 Jul 2001 23:29:21 +0100
 || MJ Ray <markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

 mr> Another point I'm sure has come up before, but I can't seem to
 mr> find a conclusion to the discussion: what is the basic unit for
 mr> chapters?  Countries?  ISO or political countries?  Political at
 mr> what level, especially in federations?  Legislative area?
 mr> Communities within Countries?

Essentially countries as they tend to be legistlative areas.

Our goal was to create a truly European association, unfortunately
there is no such thing as a European association law; we needed to
create a legal hack to make it possible - which is why the FSF Europe
has this Hub/Chapter structure.

Regards,
                Georg

--