User friendly Free Software Desktops (was: Very Worried at MS .net)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 17 10:59:31 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 10:11:34AM +0100, markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk wrote:

> > What we need to really start focusing on is coming up with new ideas for
> > improving user friendliness IMHO.

Ever checked out XFCE and Gnustep?
	http://www.xfce.org/

Gnustep aims to recreate the features of the most user- and
developer friendly system I have ever seen. The project is almost
ignored in the public, but they make steady progress.

	http://www.gnustep.org/

Both can be reached from www.freedesktop.org, which seems to
be a good meta project to me.

> ROX http://rox.sourceforge.net/ as I was a great fan of RISCOS's
> usability.

Another desktop project!
Will send a copy to the webmaster of freedesktop.org,
because they do not list it yet.

	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)