LinuxTag Aftermath - proprietary emails

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Tue Jul 10 14:04:58 UTC 2001

Hi all,

I have already shared this with people at our booth, but we thought I
should give you a chance to also shake your head or laugh hysterically
(which seem to be the standard reactions to this).

On Thursday some guy from Livingston Electronic Services GmbH came to
our booth because they want to rent and sell old computers to us. I
told him that we don't do this but he took my card with him anyway.

The next day I'm getting a "thank you for our discussion on the
LinuxTag - please rent computers from us" spam.

So far so good/bad. But at the end of this email it says:

 This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may
 be legally privileged. It is intended for the recipient only. If an
 addressing or a transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please
 notify the author by replying to the e-mail. If you are not the
 intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy,
 print, or rely on this e-mail.

So I've apparently received a proprietary email. Seems like these guys
still have to learn quite a bit...

Regards,
                Georg

--