Microsoft tries to prevent Free Software (Spiegel Article)

John Peter Tapsell <John Tapsell tapselj0 at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri Jul 6 14:18:29 UTC 2001

I assume that most people here have read Isaac Assimov.  Do most people
remember when the robot was running for president?  He secretely told his
competitor that he was a robot, and so the competitor took the bait and told
everyone that he was a robot - this made the robot look really bad, and so his
party lost a lot vote.  But then just before the actual voting day, he had the
major interview where everyone was watching.  After the polite introduction,
they asked "Are you a robot".  The robot then smirked, then burst out into
peals of laughter!  Everyone suddenly realised how stupid it really sounded,
and the polls swung massivly over to his side in the blink of an eye.

I guess you can all see the parallels and the point I'm trying to make?

JohnFlux

--
"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too
young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or