Meeting on European perspectives for open source software

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Mon Jul 2 17:56:34 UTC 2001

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 04:01:32PM +0200, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> The meeting was held by EC DG Information Society
> on 18 May 2001 in Brussels.
> I was invited there as a representative of Intevation.
>
> The invitation said
> 	Representatives of players active in open source software
> 	will be present in Brussels on Friday 18 May 2001 at the occasion of the
> 	information event organised in relation with the 2001 action line
> 	"Free software development: towards critical mass". We would like to use
> 	this opportunity to discuss the main challenges ahead and possible future
> 	orientations for the European research programmes in this field.
> 	This input will be used by the Commission services to propose orientations
> 	for the 6th Framework Programme of European Research and
> 	development (2002-2006) in this domain, and more generally in our efforts
> 	to ensure that the instruments, contractual rules and general
> 	environments meet the requirements for co-operative efforts using open
> 	source software schemes.

the final report is now available:
ftp://ftp.cordis.lu/pub/ist/docs/ka4/tesss-oss-report.pdf
This link appears on:
http://www.cordis.lu/ist/ka4/tesss/news.htm

For all who will be on the GNU/LinuxTag in Stuttgart this week:

On Sunday there will be a talk about how to apply
for EC funding for Free Software projects!
AFAIK, for this year 10 Million Euro are avaiable.

Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH	              	     http://intevation.de/