France

Benjamin Drieu bdrieu at april.org
Mon Jul 2 16:22:51 UTC 2001

Jan-Oliver Wagner <jan at intevation.de> writes:

> I don't think this is the way we should look at the situation.
> It does not give an answer to my concerns that the 'france' page
> is de-facto taking over the fsfe page.
>
> I must urge you to take care that the 'france' page concentrates
> on aspects related to France. Please contribute the more
> general stuff into the fsfe page to make it an attractive
> point to refer to on issues around Free Software in Europe.

Most of the content you will find on the FSF France pages is specific
to France, right.  But I do consider myself that too much cluttering
of local interest on a web site is not the right way to proceed and to
organize information.

I do not agree on the other point : FSFE France does not present
itself as a separate organization.  It is clearly explained on the
home page that FSFE France is the French chapter of the FSFE.

I really can't understand your critic (as well as your comments from
your previous post).  FSFE France has proven to be the most active
part of the FSFE until now, but I've seen no hegemonic views from
them.

I'm perhaps missing the point, but isn't the goal of FSFE France to
work specifically on *French* aspects of free software in Europe ?
People from FSFE France I know (i.e. Loïc Dachary, Frédéric Couchet)
usually clearly separate their two activities: French-centric ones in
the name of the FSFE France and European-centric ones in the name of
the FSFE.

Perhaps we should resolve the unbalance you spotted with more creative
activity from activists all around Europe instead of arguing about
imaginary internal quarrels.

o Benjamin Drieu:	bdrieu at april.org
			drieu at bocal.cs.univ-paris8.fr
o APRIL:		http://www.april.org/