hypothetical(?) GPL problem

Xavi Drudis Ferran xdrudis at tinet.org
Sun Jul 1 09:51:58 UTC 2001

El Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 10:20:05AM +0100, Marc Eberhard deia:
> Hi !
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 08:39:57AM +0200, Xavi Drudis Ferran wrote:
> > Basically because there is no policy enforcing proper formats for
> > attachments, and I'm nobody's boss to tell them what to do (quite the
>
> Same here, I'm just a simple research fellow. And still I do that. And yes,
> some of the mails in question came directly from my boss. What's wrong with
> that? Why shouldn't I tell him the truth? He wants me to work efficiently
> and I can't do that, if I waste my time converting some stupid formats.

I've been insisting on it for more than one year and all I got was
the opinion than having non computer professionals in the company learn about
proper attachment formats was too difficult / expensive. I think that
is nonsense and the benefits far outweight the "expenses", but I'm getting
tired of insisting. The only thing to do is to tell people one by one
until they're all convinced, but it's difficult when they don't listen.
I guess some more patience/diplomacy on my part would come handy.

Anyway. Let's leave it here. I never doubted you're right.

--
Xavi Drudis Ferran
xdrudis at tinet.org