Fw: Logo considerations

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 15 23:38:32 UTC 2001

"Alex Hudson" <home at alexhudson.com> writes:
>  eyesight, in terms of detail and colour. A logo doesn't need to be
>  complex and flashily coloured for it to work well. An example in
>  the UK would be the BBC (http://www.beeb.com/) - an easily
>  recognisable logo, but extremely simple and monochromatic.

Of course, the BBC logo is only recently back to its monochromatic
state and now has harsher edges than most previous executions.

The moral?  A logo is for Christmas, not for life.

Seriously, while I agree that the basic image needs to remain
constant, I'm sure there will be opportunities to revise it if it's
failing to meet the demands placed upon it, in light of experience.
Hopefully we can do this without spending vast amounts on "brand
consultants"...
--
MJR