On philosophy, hierarchy of orgs, definitions, and the logo

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 00:10:17 UTC 2001

Alistair Davidson <lordylordy at mad.scientist.com> writes:

> I think we need to educate the media the next time that a macro virus
> crashes all the mail servers. As we all know, the love-bug and Melissa
> didn't affect Linux et al.

Indeed.  I pointed this out to many media and business organisations
at the time, but they didn't care: the line was similar to "who cares?
*We've* been hurt by this!" each time.

> Actually, I'm getting my hands on a Java book and coding, but it's the
> same principle. Goo luck.

Care for a debate about the non-Free nature of the Java language
standard?  Is that something FSFE should comment on?  ;-)

Anyway, hope you have good luck with Japhar or Kaffee or whatever
(because you use Free software, yes?).

--
MJR