Logo considerations

Marc Eberhard m.a.eberhard at aston.ac.uk
Wed Jan 3 20:26:26 UTC 2001

Hi *!

Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
>  - There should definitely be a background as it looks to "flat"
>    otherwise and she the European map more than anything else she
>    could think of.

As some pointed out, that the map is too complex and raises again the issue
of what Europe is exactly, I would propose a simple outlined E as the
background. Like this one:

  +-------+
  !       !
  !  +----+
  !  !
  !  +--+
  !     !
  !  +--+
  !  !
  !  +----+
  !       !
  +-------+

OK, OK, not perfect, but you get the idea.

> So could you please do a big high quality version of the GNU & Europa
> motive without eyes with the map in the background, Anja? I'd love to
> see that... we can play around with the colors then, too...

To Anja: ... and maybe a version with an outlined E in the background? You
could even use this for your local LUG, since it fits Essen as well...
greetings to the ELUG by the way!

Bye,
Marc

email: marc at greenie.net