FSF Europe ThankGNUs Policy 2002

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Sun Dec 30 18:58:52 UTC 2001

Hi all,

we have been discussing the topic of monthly donations some time ago
without a real result. One of the problems was that the structure
should not become too complicated while remaining fair and treating
every donor equally.

In order to keep things simple, the categories for 2002 will be
modified as follows:

 Supporter:              EUR 10  every month OR EUR 120  in a year.
 Contributor:            EUR 50  every month OR EUR 600  in a year.
 Sustaining Contributor: EUR 100 every month OR EUR 1200 in a year.
 Patron:                 EUR 500 every month OR EUR 6000 in a year.

 Late starting monthly donors will get a "(mm/yy-)" suffixed, early
 stopping monthly donors get a "(-mm/yy)" and people who start late
 and end early in a year get a "(mm/yy-mm/yy)."

This will hopefully encourage monthly donations while keeping the
structure consistent enough with the ThankGNUs list of the FSF in
Boston.

We sought to keep the monthly amounts attractive and even, so the
numbers are a little higher. Given that the exchange rate between EUR
and USD is 1.13, this makes for approximately equal amounts.

Updated web pages for this are prepared and online at

 http://fsfeurope.org/help/donate-2002.html

Translating them into other languages might be useful.

We were considering to create some sort of little banner/graphic that
donors could put on their web page to announce their support. What do
you think? Does this make sense? Is anyone willing (and capable) to
create such a graphic?

Alright, this is possibly my last posting to this list in 2001. I wish
to thank everyone who supported us this year and wish everyone a good
and successful New Year! May 2002 be a good year for Free Software.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                       <greve at gnu.org>