AEL Re: FSFE in Belgium (was: cactus data shield9

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Sun Dec 23 13:48:49 UTC 2001

Hi Alexandre,

 || On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 12:17:19 +0100 (CET)
 || Alexandre Dulaunoy <alex at conostix.com> wrote:

 ad> There is a possibility. We have an A.S.B.L. in Belgium, the AEL
 ad> (Association Electronique Libre). The purpose of the association:
 ad> it's to support Libre software and Libre concept in general.  All
 ad> the activists are clearly engaged in free software.

 ad> http://www.ael.be/

The first step to get involved in the FSF Europe for this association
would be to apply for "associate organization" status (like APRIL or
AsSoLi). From your description and a quick glance at the web page,
your organization appears to be a very good candidate.

Then we can start working together and get to know each other. I'm
sure we will be able to arrange a meeting next year and then we can
discuss further steps.

As a first step you should consult with your members whether the
majority wants to work together with / get involved in the work of the
FSF Europe. Then the legal representative of your association should
send email to <team at fsfeurope.org> applying for associate organization
status.

Regards,
Georg