cactus data shield

Jeroen Dekkers jeroen at dekkers.cx
Sat Dec 22 21:36:08 UTC 2001

On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 09:17:14PM +0100, kim2 at bruning.demon.nl wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, Frank de Lange wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 11:51:47PM +0100, kim2 at bruning.demon.nl wrote:
> > >
> > > Maybe a meeting someplace could be arranged in the coming weeks.
> >
> > Maybe we should just do that, and stop talking about it? I think we exchanged
> > some mail on this in the beginning of this year, and we're nearing the end of
> > it now...
> >
> > So, where do we meet next year? I know a nice pub in Amsterdan :-)
>
> Hmmm, I think I can make it to Amsterdam, I don't know about belgian
> people though. I could invite everyone to my place in this tiny village
> called "Wijk en Aalburg" which is 30 minutes drive/bustrip from Den Bosch.
> It still feels like it's close to Belgium that way. :-)
>
> Is that an option?

I think FOSDEM (which was suggested by Henrion Benjamin) is a good
place. There is already a big chance I will be there. We have to wait 2
months then, we might meet earlier. I wasn't subscribed in the beginning
of the year, but I'm going to read the archives to know what was
discussed.

> Wherever we meet, we would probably want to discuss setting up a small
> benelux organisation, and then later we can associate with the FSF, as is
> the "Standard Procedure". Well apparently it is, anyway. :-)
>
> Let's not be too ambitious to start off with. Right now we're all just a
> bunch of people corresponding over E-mail. It's going to take some time
> and dedication to actually build up an organisation from that. And even
> some more time before we get the Official Stamp Of FSF
> Approval(tm)(r)[(c)+gpl].

We should not forget the most important thing: promoting free software.
There are many ways to do that, small and big. Don't forget what a bunch
of people with an internet connection can do, just look at free
software. :)

> Hard work and patience, that's what we'll need! :-P

Certainly. :)

Jeroen Dekkers
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers at jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org