Free Software Magazine

Jaime E. Villate villate at fe.up.pt
Mon Dec 10 14:17:01 UTC 2001

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 01:31:11PM +0100, Alessandro Rubini wrote:

> > 	I'm pretty sure there is no obstacle for FSF Europe to distribute
> > paper copies of this magazine. [...]
> > 	As of now, one could coordinate with non profit Free Software
> > organizations in Italy (ASSOLI) [...]
>
> In Italy we can't distributed printed stuff so easily. The publisher
> (or importer) must deliver 4 copies to the police before being allowed
> to distirbute. And magazines (those published once every
> month/whatever) must have additional authorizations. [1]
>
> Free press? Never heard of that in this part of the world.

Do the police read every piece of advertisement that gets into your mailbox?
Or mailboxes in Italy don't get flooded with advertisement? (if that's the
case, I definitely want to move to Italy :-)

Isn't an association as Assoli allowed to distribute a newsletter among its
associates? And there might be some PC magazines interested in including a
"free" supplement with their monthly issue.

Regards,
Jaime Villate