Free Software Magazine

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Tue Dec 4 09:04:26 UTC 2001

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 03:02:19PM +0800, Hong Feng wrote:
> This magazine is about our community, and it is belong to our community,
> it publishes articles to free softwre philosophy discussions,
> points and views, comments, feedbacks, background of free software
> projects, programming skills and tricks, market analyses... anything
> related with our community.

the free softare hackers are usually quite well informed
about all the issues, infos around free software.
IMO a magazine should more focus on reaching the typical
users (who read magazines) and provide them with solid
information about free software.
The FSM should be an instrument to communicate to others
rather then to ourselves.

A free software magazine is missing since all the Linux
magazines turn to proprietary products more and more.
Most appear not capable to explain free software, some
authors even have not understood the concept.

	Jan
--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH	              	     http://intevation.de/