Ri:Re: valinux goes propietary?

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Aug 27 12:54:28 UTC 2001

"smaffulli at inwind.it"<smaffulli at inwind.it> writes:

> Again, make believe it: one thing that everybody says is "sell
> services on open source (or free software)" and VA just said they
> can't.

Did VA's background as a hardware company influence this?  Is their
setup so tuned towards selling products that they can't sell services?

On a more general point, I think we need a "Linuxmanship"-style page
for free software.  I'm off to see what's out there... any got some
suggestions?  (Basic question: how do we promote free software to each
class of user?  There's the business markets at each level and the
users of each type.)