valinux goes propietary?

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Mon Aug 27 13:46:16 UTC 2001

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 12:56:22AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> As someone said, it's not worth correcting ESR's prodigious workload
> everywhere.

One wonders, though, what that response had to do with his philosophy as
opposed to his stocks... or am I being cynical???

> I think I'll quit from themes.org (OSDN).  I should have done that a
> long time ago, but I thought there would be something to interest me
> on the new t.o, launching (or not?) in August.  Now, do you think I
> should light a fire on my way out?  How?

With matches ? :)

Write about it. Write why you're doing it. Heaven knows linuxtoday.com,
advogato, osopinion etc. are all heaving with anti-FS stuff at the moment
('The Stallman Saga' and 'Thoughts on Open or Free licences for
Documentation' are both up on advogato at the moment for example - it seems
disproportionate. The documentation licences one is particularly funny,
since it parades as a thought-provoking discussion, yet the bias appears on
only the fourth line when the author states 'This article is released under
the Open Documentation Licence', and then goes on to lambast the FDL...)

Cheers,

Alex.