Smoothwall not free software

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Aug 27 10:00:00 UTC 2001

Richard (and others),

Smoothwall developers have put basic information online at
http://www.smoothwall.org/ and there has been a long thread on
Smoothwall GPL/not GPL on uk.comp.os.linux that you can find via
http://groups.google.com/

The main "mover and shaker" appears to be Richard Morrell, who seems
to count you as a personal friend.  He did change the 0.9.9beta
licence back to GPL, although I am not aware of anyone with the
complete source.  He views the GPL as "cool but fucked" though.

They have a variety of mailing lists, some of which are heavily
moderated, but I doubt moderators would dare bounce you.