Collaborative Virtual Workspace License (CVW)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Aug 20 09:42:56 UTC 2001

The URL is active, but it seems that CVW indeed was moved
to sourceforge and released into the public domain,
as most of the site displays a message about the move.
	Bernhard

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 04:44:22PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 06:38:16PM +0200, Loic Dachary wrote:

> > http://cvw.mitre.org/cvw/licenses/source/license.html

> I wanted to recheck the rest of the license, but found the URL dead.
> The only information about the license for CVW I can find on the new
> webpage is that it is in the Public Domain now and thus Free Software.
> Strange...
>
> http://cvw.sourceforge.net/

> | So in order to accommodate everyone equally, we felt the best means
> | to accomplish the transfer of CVW is by ceding the software to the
> | public domain. This was felt to be the solution most in line with
> | our role as a public interest company.
>
> | Last update: 12 February 2001
> |
> | This work, including the source code, documentation and related
> | data, is placed into the public domain.
> | The original author is The MITRE Corporation.

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)