Belgium

Marc Eberhard m.a.eberhard at aston.ac.uk
Thu Apr 26 20:19:48 UTC 2001

Hi!

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 05:08:17PM +0200, Anne POSSOZ wrote:
> What are the views of the other "minorities" in this list?
> At least french speaking ones...

Pardon, je ne parle pas le francaise tres bon...

I'd say, that a minority in another country typically speaks the official
language of that country. So they should have no problem to participate in
discussions going on in the language of that country in question. On the
other hand, they will also most likely join the mailing list(s) of their
original countr{y|ie} and thus form a very efficient crosslink between
countries. As has been pointed out, the chapter idea comes from legal points
of view. I think splitting by language would divide the community into too
many too small parts. Thus bundling forces in country chapters is probably
better.

Bye,
Marc

PS: Yes, I'm also one of these minorities in another country. :-)

email: marc at greenie.net
email: m.a.eberhard at aston.ac.uk, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/