LinuxTag 2001 - volunteers needed

Georg C. F. Greve greve at gnu.org
Mon Apr 16 17:49:06 UTC 2001

Hi everyone,

it has been a little quiet on this list regarding actual FSF Europe
work. The FSF Europe started working officially on March 10th, 2001,
but a lot of things (paperwork not being the least time-consuming
part) needed to be done and things look very good right now. We're
almost there that "normal" work can begin and then you should hear a
lot more on this list.

In fact I taking up normal work is the reason for this mail. The FSF
Europe plans to present itself to the press and the "non-community"
world on the LinuxTag 2001 in Germany (http://www.linuxtag.org/) and
the organization is donating a normal-sized booth there for the FSF
Europe.

But a booth requires work and (extremely important) volunteers to man
this booth, because nothing looks worse than an empty booth. So we are
looking for volunteers willing to man the FSF Europe booth during the
LinuxTag 2001. The perfect case would be to have 2-3 people there at
all time and if you want to help the FSF Europe, this would be a good
place to start.

We are very glad that Matthias Borges <emhabe at web.de> has volunteered
to coordinate the booth and the volunteers and everyone interested in
participating should contact mailto:emhabe at web.de.

I hope you all had a nice Easter weekend,

regards,
                Georg Greve
                Free Software Foundation Europe

--