GNU GPL and European law

Jan Schaumann jschauma at netmeister.org
Tue Nov 28 19:03:40 UTC 2000

David Mentr? <David.Mentre at irisa.fr> wrote:
> Jan Schaumann <jschauma at netmeister.org> writes:
>
> > (side-note: what "europe" are we talking about?  Only the countries of
> > the EU or the "physical" Europe?)?
>
> Does it really matter?

I assume that if FSFEurope eants to become a "real" organisation, it
will have to define itself in some sense. *shrug* Doesn't make a
difference to me.

> > If there is no exact equivalent, what is the closest thing and does it
> > guarantee that the GPL holds and is enforcable?
>
> No need to such a thing. Don't you think that all those world companies
> like Vivendi-Universal have not a way to enforce their copyright in
> _every_ country where they work in?

Good point. I rest your case ;-)

thanks to all who helped enlighten me.

-Jan

--
Jan Schaumann <http://www.netmeister.org>

Earth -- mother of the most beautiful women in the universe.
		-- Apollo, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" stardate 3468.1