More UK Interest ;)

Brian Gough bjg at network-theory.co.uk
Sun Nov 26 18:30:22 UTC 2000

Hi,

I'm a software consultant (web developer) in the UK, and long-time
free software fan.  I'm not quite clear on what FSF Europe will be
doing exactly, but if it can improve communication among free software
supporters/developers here that will be a good thing.

I think there is a need for networks which can promote the idea of
free software by supporting free software development. The 'Linux User
Groups' in the UK are good for local activities but are not really
organized to go beyond this.

A national network could be useful -- for example, so that students
working on free software could find summer jobs in the free software
world, or to bring together people interested in starting free
software related enterprises.

regards
Brian Gough