Well scaling Logos

josX joshb at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 27 09:44:27 UTC 2000

Hai all, Merry Christmas,

About the logo:
The European history must be rich enough to come up with some objects
that fit the bill and scale well, what about a mideaval sword, pointed
upwards? (certainly strong enough, and not overused in Europe I think
(maybe in USA with "gothic" and all that)), bow+arrow, spear, shield,
phenix-bird (GNU is in a way the rebirth of UNIX), crown, ...

I feel the idea of a Latin motto and translations is sweet, another reason
to use English for the name is that FSFE should be the sister-org of FSF, and
that FSF is just a name. That leaves the frase 'Europe' open to possible
latinaization, Free-Software-Foundation Europa?

bye