Missing the point - Re: Tax-deductability of donation in Europe

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Dec 22 15:18:46 UTC 2000

Hi Andy,
Hi Wim,

you are actually doing what is best to help us right now:
Discussion certain options we have so we can make it right.
You can also help us and come up with more material to educate the
masses and the public about what freedom of software actually means.

I agree with Andy that tax-deducability is not the only and most
important criteria we have.

I also think that Wim has a point in that we are trying to make it right
from the beginning and not hit legal barriers soon after establishin one
form or another.

Andy: Do you know more details about how Greenpeace is organised?
It would be interesting to see how they do it.

Regards and ADVthanksANCE,
	Bernhard

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 08:48:21AM +0100, Wim Crols wrote:
> Andy Fletcher wrote:
> >
> > The important thing is to get started and provide a focus for future
> > developments.  If the original organisation proves to be restricted or
> > unsuitable in some form then it is easy enough to wind it up and transfer
> > the assets to the successor.
>
> I think the important thing is to get started the best way possible,
> which means think before you act.

> > I am willing to do whatever is most helpful to FSF-Europe, my problem is
> > trying to work out what that is...
>
> Same for me

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)
FSF Europe					      (www.fsfeurope.org)