Tax-deductability of donation in Europe

Georg Jakob jack at unix.sbg.ac.at
Thu Dec 21 01:46:37 UTC 2000

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 Jan Schaumann kindly wrote:

> Matthias Kabel <matthias.kabel at tyche.de> wrote:
>
> > Beside the organization we need a logo, we would suggest a nice girl
> > (Europa) riding on a GNU (maybe just arriving the coast getting out of the
> > sea, smashing a little red heap would be exaggerated) over them the
> > twelve stars of the European Community. Anyone with a talent to draw?
>
> I like this idea very much - a very good thought! :) Wasn't there a
> famous painting by Picasso like that, that we could model the logo
> after?

Shouldn't she rather be "... a splendid woman whose eyes were as soft as
a feather and as deep as eternity itself, and whose body was the
spectacular dance of atoms and universes. Pyrothechnics formed her hair,
and rainbows dissolved as she spoke in a warm and gentle voice: I have
come to tell you that you are free ..."

... just an idea ;-)

time to go to sleep,

--Georg