News from France: new research group about Free Software and business

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sun Dec 17 20:03:55 UTC 2000

Hello David,

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 02:34:18PM +0100, David Mentre wrote:
> I would like to inform you that a French Reseach Group has been formed
> on the topic of "New economy of Software". This research group is
> _especially focused on Free Software_ and how firms can live and make
> money with free software.

This is good news.
We need more research in this kind of area.
Putting companies in the focus seems the best way to start this
new research topic.

> I participate in that group (merely as an observer). If you
> are interested and/or want more info, just tell me. I'll try to give
> more info on this forum when available.

Please report, if you can.
Not only the FSFE will benefit from good summaries of the activities in
English.

Thanks,
	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)
FSF Europe					      (www.fsfeurope.org)