Tax-deductability of donation in Europe

Anders Lindb�ck anders at igiro.se
Sun Dec 17 16:29:48 UTC 2000

Laurent Guerby skrev:
> I just read the 22d issue Brave GNU World, and it mentions that one of
> the goal of FSF Europe is to allow "efficient" donations (taxes and I
> might add to save various fees when moving money from country to
> country).
>
> Is there any legal framework that allows one european entity to do
> that? If so what would be the delay between the creation of such an
> entity and its ability to offer tax-deductible donations?  If not so,
> one entity per country will have to created (or reused ;-), right?

No, Europe is not a country which has common laws.

There will be different type of organisations/companies in different countries.
Not all contries have laws that allow tax-deductable donations so
that will not be possible in come countries like Sweden where I come from.

There are some talks about it Sweden, but right now it´s not possible.

> If getting the tax-deductability is a long process, may be it would be
> useful to set up things at the european level or per country ASAP,
> even if it's not perfect, I guess it can be changed later on?

My opinion too.

Anders