[fsfe-org-aberdeen] ORG Scotland Launch Tomorrow

Iain R. Learmonth irl at fsfe.org
Thu Jun 25 15:03:06 CEST 2015

Hi All,

Tomorrow at the University of Aberdeen, Open Rights Group will be launching
ORG Scotland. You're invited!

ORG Scotland was set up because our members told us there were specific
Scottish concerns over digital rights. We couldn’t address these
properly from London so we asked people to join ORG Scotland.

Generous support from existing and new members has allowed us to
appoint our first Scotland Officer, Pol Clementsmith, who will be
heading up ORG's campaigning in Scotland.

In celebration we have organised events in Aberdeen and
throughout the country. As well as a chance to meet Pol, there will
be talks from ORG Advisory Council member Wendy Grossman about
online privacy.

Launch ORG Scotland With Us

Date Friday 26th June
Time 6.15 to 8.30pm
Location Meston 6 Lecture Theatre (North Entrance), University of
Aberdeen, AB24 3UE.

RSVP Now

http://www.meetup.com/ORG-Aberdeen/events/222987193/

We will also be running a one-off giveaway to help launch ORG
Scotland. If you become a member (paying £5 a month or more) or bring a
friend who does, you will receive a free [8]t-shirt or [9]book.

It's an exciting time to be fighting for digital rights in Scotland and
we want you to be a part of it.

Thanks,
Iain.

--