[fsfe-org-aberdeen] Serious problems in digital rights in the UK

Iain R. Learmonth irl at fsfe.org
Fri Jul 11 17:22:10 CEST 2014

Hi,

For those of you that aren't aware, there are currently some really serious
problems going on with digital rights in the UK. These are things that
directly affect you, the use of your mobile phone, the use of your Internet
connection and your ability to get insurance, loans and jobs in the future
if this goes really badly.

Please read through the forwarded email below and consider joining Open
Rights Group if you haven't done so already.

If you have any ideas for something we can do here in Aberdeen against these
moves by the government, do speak up on the mailing list. I have just
drafted a letter to the editor of the Press and Journal which I will be
posting out shortly and I am attempting to arrange a meeting with Frank
Doran MP to discuss these issues. If you'd like to come along to this
meeting too, let me know.

Iain.

----- Forwarded message from Ruth Coustick-Deal -ORG <ruth at openrightsgroup.org> -----