Meeting at FOSDEM, upcoming venues and discussion

Sam Geeraerts samgee at elmundolibre.be
Wed Feb 6 22:16:01 CET 2013

Op Mon, 04 Feb 2013 19:53:40 +0100
schreef jelle at jellehermsen.nl:

> Hiya everybody,
> Sorry for me extremely postponed reply. I've been rather busy. Hope
> you all had fun at FOSDEM. I would love to hear the stuff you
> discussed there!

I was pleased to see Maurice and Mark there. After a bit Rainer and,
uhm, that other German guy joined us and then Eric with 2 fresh Dutch
faces. Maurice talked about the Overheid & ICT thing. We pondered a bit
about possibilities on May 5th and potential other events. The
importance of this mailing list was stressed. There was talk of a
meeting in Nijmegen, which some of the German folk might join. Maurice
took some notes, so he can probably fill in the blanks and maybe even
produce detailed minutes. :p

Then Rainer introduced me to some Belgians, immigrants and
Euro-persons. Guys/gals, if you're on the list already, say hi. There
were suggestions for a Belgian meeting in Brussels, helping the
software freedom in education effort and lending a hand to the RMLL
event. I should have put something on paper, but I believe those were
the main points.

> Anyway, I wouldn't mind helping out at the Overheid & ICT venue. I'm
> not sure I can make it on the wednesday, but the other two days I can.
>
> On a more personal note that might concern some of you: I've been
> asked to write a column for Linux Magazine #2 that will be based on
> stuff I wrote on my FSFE blog, so that's nice. I will also be writing
> an article for them about hardware hacking a Minitel so that it runs
> GNU/Linux. I also hope to sell them an article on the FSFE, maybe
> including an interview with Maurice? (wink wink nudge nudge)

Cool. I stopped buying that a while ago, though. Will those articles be
available online perchance?