COVID19-Tracing/-Tracking App in Singapore under GPL-3.0

Bernhard E. Reiter bernhard at fsfe.org
Wed Apr 29 14:29:23 UTC 2020

https://github.com/opentrace-community

Am Samstag 11 April 2020 05:09:06 schrieb Sebastian Silva:
> I did a quick search and found an article by the Singaporean government
> explaining their logic, which I shared also.
>
> https://www.tech.gov.sg/media/technews/six-things-about-opentrace

Yes, I think it helps to share more infos.

Note that in Germany is a large debate about a possible app ongoing,
with news almost daily. If you want a good coverage by folks you know what
Free Software and privacy is, I can recomment netzpolitik.org.

E.g.
https://netzpolitik.org/2020/faq-corona-apps-die-wichtigsten-fragen-und-antworten-zur-digitalen-kontaktverfolgung-contact-tracing-covid19-pepppt-dp3t/
an FAQ where it say under 10.:

"Singapur, Österreich und Island haben dabei gute Erfahrungen mit quelloffener
Software, dezentraler Speicherung und der Beschränkung auf die
Bluetooth-Funktion gemacht"

rough translation
"Singapore, Austria and Island have made good experiences with Free Software,
decentral storage and limitation on bluetooth functionality."

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Founding Member     Support our work for Free Software:
blogs.fsfe.org/bernhard     https://fsfe.org/donate | contribute