Public Money Public Code: a good policy for FSFE and other non-profits?

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Sat Jun 16 09:50:06 UTC 2018

# Daniel Pocock [2018-06-16 09:50 +0200]:
> Some organizations even generate these reports (or the skeleton of the
> report) automatically, extracting a list of all known MAC addresses from
> their switches and access points, installing management agents on every
> host with a function to detect all installed binaries and also observing
> all network connections and correlating them back to the respective
> binaries.  Such data could be cross referenced with checksums of trusted
> binaries and the data could be annotated on a wiki page.

Could you please name an example?

I wonder whether such organisations also install video cameras, hidden
microphones and tap work phones to micro-control everything.

Best,
Max

--
Max Mehl - Program Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact & information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl | @mxmehl