subdomains for testing things

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Thu Feb 8 16:00:02 UTC 2018

Hi Björn,

# Bjoern Schiessle [2018-02-08 15:51 +0100]:
> If we want to test it seriously we need to advertise it to people who
> want to discuss FSFE activities and Free Software topic but prefer
> other tools like email. As long as it is in testing we can add a
> disclaimer that discussions at community.fsfe.org can disappear at any
> time in case the test run is not successful.

I completely agree. For the PMPC campaign I thought about using
Discourse to be more open to non-technical people (who often prefer
mailing lists, like I do) but the platform wasn't ready for a
"production" usage yet. If we have a bunch of people using (and testing
and error reporting) such a service, I think the move to make it more
official is easier.

I like the idea of including a banner or another kind of note at the top
of the page with the information that this isn't "official" yet. It may
also motivate users to create bug reports.

Best,
Max

--
Max Mehl - Program Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact and further information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl