"Joining" vs "becoming a supporter"

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Thu Nov 30 16:13:06 UTC 2017

On 30/11/17 16:55, Jonas Oberg wrote:
> As has been pointed out before, the FSF doesn't have this problem with "Join" implying equal status. So I'd trust them on this, as native speakers :-)

This page has a link to their articles and bylaws:

https://www.fsf.org/about/financial

http://static.fsf.org/nosvn/fsf-incorporate.pdf

http://static.fsf.org/nosvn/fsf-amended-bylaws-current.pdf

The page was not so easy to find and the documents are scanned so not
easily searched electronically.

Nonetheless, these documents do explain how to become an FSF member and
what rights members have.

The first page of their Form 990 gives some statistics on the number of
members and volunteers:

http://static.fsf.org/nosvn/Form990_FY2016.pdf

9 voting members, 14 staff, 2000 volunteers

Regards,

Daniel