dual FSF and FSFE membership

Jonas Oberg jonas at fsfe.org
Mon Jul 24 13:24:07 UTC 2017

Hi Erik,

> We could also take this idea further and incorporate a "Free Software
> Organization Of The World" (or something like that), where organizations
> like the FSFE, FSF, FSFLA etc. could be represented.

I would support this, and it's actually similar to what we had in mind for
the long term when the FSF network (with FSF-NA, FSFE, etc) was created.
To support each other globally, and take a joint responsibility for the
decision making on Free Software.

We continue to be interested in this development and would be interested
in a structure (whether this is a separate organisation or not, I don't
know), where FSF-NA and FSFE (initially) would be equally represented.

--
Jonas Öberg, Executive Director
Free Software Foundation Europe | jonas at fsfe.org
Your support enables our work (fsfe.org/join)