France and Germany promote Free Software in indudstry

Stephane Ascoet stephane.ascoet at univ-paris1.fr
Wed Jan 4 13:32:36 UTC 2017

Le 21/12/2016 14:00, Matthias Kirschner a écrit :
> Here an interesting news:
> https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/node/157872
>
> Let's see if there will be real action connected with it...
>
> Regards,
> Matthias

Hi, it it wasn't such a serious subject, we could laugh for hours...

"Le logiciel libre est un moteur puissant en faveur de l’innovation.
L’Allemagne et la France veilleront à ce que leurs industries tirent le
plus grand bénéfice possible du logiciel libre." means: "Free software
is a big engine for innovation. Germany and france will take care their
industries take most part in the profits brought by free software".

And: "Encouraging free software and open standards to bring about the
digital transformation of the economy and create our future industry, is
closely linked to France’s policies to encourage its public
administrations to use free software and open formats, Fermigier
commented by email."

Why could this be funny? Because france took huge contracts with
micro$oft so that they furnish hardware, software and knowledge to
workers and students in, at least, national defense agency(except one of
its branch, using Ubuntu for years) and educational system. So france
president has nothing else to do in his work than saying useless lies in
congress? And additionaly, he will leave in a few months and it's sadly
almost sure that politic mouvement that will replace him will be even
more against opposed to, or unaware of, free software. And I don't even
talk about free society... well I must stop because I could spend all my
life complaining about them and people who vote such idiots.

--
Sincerely, Stephane Ascoet