fsfe.org SIP service?

Torsten Grote Torsten.Grote at fsfe.org
Mon Jan 13 17:47:51 UTC 2014

On Monday 13 January 2014 13:53:07 Matthias Kirschner wrote:
> We also thought about the option of volunteers runing new services, but
> for sustainability we thought about the condition to have 3 Fellows
> commited to maintain the service, before we introdue it to all Fellows.

I really like this concept. We could also explicitly mark these services as
provided by fellows for fellows, so it is clear that it only runs as long as
there are volunteers to maintain it.

We could even list the people taking care of a service on our homepage with
little face icons and links to their blogs/homepages to give credit and to
show potential users of the service who's behind it.

FSFE's fellowship would then provide the umbrella, the hardware and cover
other related costs.

Kind Regards,
Torsten