Antifeatures - Windows XP Starter - 3 applications?

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Fri Jun 17 09:48:15 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I was interviewed by a German radio station about antifeatures (see
http://blogs.fsfe.org/mk/?p=797 in German).

Now I had some discussion about one point. In the German Wikipedia they
say that Windows XP starter had a a ram limitation and you could only
run 3 programs at the same time. There are one or two other sources
(only news sites) which say that this was not realised.

Does anyone of you know or perhaps even have first hand information, if
this is true and do you have a good source for it - or can tell me you
had it in your hands yourself? I am interested in both information about
Windows XY and Windows 7.

The only source I found is:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9133694/Microsoft_kills_Windows_7_Starter_s_3_app_limit

Thanks,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - FSFE - Fellowship Coordinator, German Coordinator
Free Software is important to you? Join today! (fsfe.org/join)