The Microsoft-Nokia deal is a serious setback for free software in general

micu micuintus at gmx.de
Sun Feb 13 00:24:55 UTC 2011

Hello together,

I bet you already heard about the Microsoft-Nokia deal and about Nokia's
new strategy of using Microsoft Windows Phone 7 as their major (and in
fact only) smartphone OS instead of the free software OS MeeGo. You
might say now "But we still have Android in the mobile sector" --- and
you are partly right. I do not dislike Android. But Android cannot do
what MeeGo could (have done): creating a free software ecosystem ranging
from the desktop, to netbooks, tablets, embedded systems (e.g. in cars),
and smartphones = pushing free software to the end user mainstream.

See: <http://www.micuintus.de/2011/02/12/the-death-of-the/>

BTW: Did you know that the new trojan Nokia CEO, Stephen Elop, is the
7th biggest owner of MS stock? 3.18 Miollion $! http://mge.bz/3f Is he
working for Nokia or is he working for Microsoft?

Kind regards
micu
--
GnuPG:		https://www1.inf.tu-dresden.de/~s3418892/micuintus.asc
Fingerprint:	1A15 A480 1F8B 07F6 9D12 3426 CEFE 7455 E4CB 4E80

<<</>>

http://www.micuintus.de