FSFE's 10th birthday - 10. March 2011

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Wed Oct 27 11:30:57 UTC 2010

Hi there,

at the 10th March 2011 FSFE become 10 years old. We would like to
celebrate that _with_ you. Therefor we would like to ask you for ideas
how we can celebrate it together with you.

Just some crazy brain storms:

- a website where people can upload their picture and afterwards we
  generate a big Fellowship logo which we will print out as a poster
  for future booths.
- a virtual IRC get together and see how many people we get together
  (beforehand aim for a number)
- organising some small helium balloons with a messages from you and
  other Free Software activists about Free Software and start them at
  several places in Europe.

Beside that we would prepare some background material for on our
website. This can include some nice quotes from people who are part of
FSFE for a longer time, tell some nice stories, add some nice old
pictures, include links to existing history materials like
http://www.fsfe.org/about/history/doi.en.html and
http://www.fsfe.org/about/history/preamble.en.html.

So question to you: From whom should we get a quote? Do you know some
cool old stories?

I am looking forward to your ideas (they do not have to be perfect and
can definitely sound a bit crazy in the beginning ;) ).

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - Fellowship Coordinator, German Coordinator
Free Software Foundation Europe (fsfe.org)