Similar discussion list but not only for Europe?

Noah Slater nslater at tumbolia.org
Mon Mar 9 15:55:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 03:47:09PM +0000, David Gerard wrote:
> There's a thing called the "history" tab which is useful in this
> context. I separated it out from the main [[Linux]] article (which was
> an utter mess) in 2004.

That's a very patronising tone to take.

Looking through the history of Linux back to 2004 would take a long time.

> There are partisans on all sides. However, the good ones know how to
> edit neutrally *anyway*. Presuming that anyone who does anything of
> benefit to a side other than yours is proceeding from malice ... is a
> fundamental error. That's where the Wikipedia maxim "assume good
> faith" comes from. You can think of it instead as "assume stupidity
> rather than malice" if you like ;-)

My implication was that Chris Cunningham had made a persistent effort to
irradiate various words or viewpoints that he personally disagrees with. Many
people have tried to fight back and restore neutrality, but his rate of edits is
almost impossible to keep up with. I am offended that you implied I consider his
actions to be malice because I do not agree with his opinion.

Anyway, this is wildly off-topic.