GPL License with clause for Web use?

simo simo.sorce at xsec.it
Wed Nov 21 15:08:52 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 14:49 +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Sam Liddicott <sam at liddicott.com> wrote:
> > In fact I had better NOT use GPL3 (or "or later") or folk might promote
> > their additions to my work to be AGPL thus preventing me from benefiting
> > in return from their changes (as I won't adopt AGPL).
>
> Indeed.  Unless we delete the AGPL-friendly clause, a project might as
> well use MIT/Expat or BSD or zlib instead of the GPLv3 and save some
> bytes and developer-time on the licences.

Why don't you simply put everything in the Public Domain?
Why bothering about copyleft at all?

I will probably not use the AGPL in future, but I  don't seek excuses
not to use the GPLv3, and frankly why should I care what you or Sam
*claim* will or will not use?

There are tons of projects already switching to GPLv3, evidently these
people think it's a good license worth using, at least they are not so
vocal about their opinions but just *act*.

Please add something interesting to the discussion or maybe consider
saving our time and bandwidth. You are not required to answer at all
costs if you have really nothing to say.

Simo.