French Government Lobbied to Ban Free Software

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Dec 2 00:03:23 UTC 2005

Whoops! The last few paragraphs weren't my last draft (bad
undo button...) and this one was barely comprehensible:

[to make counterfeiting of...]
1st - the act, in knowledge of doing so, of publishing or
putting on public access, in any form whatsoever, a software
manifestly destined to put works or objects protected by a
literary and artistic right on unauthorised access to the
public, that doesn't understand the measures for preserving
these protected works or objects against unauthorised use
by a state of technology.

Sorry about that... hope you got the gist anyway. I now
return you to commentators who are awake at the prompt.
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask