What do to about BitKeeper and the Linux Kernel (was: BitKeeper licence critic)

Florian Weimer Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Thu Mar 28 01:24:17 UTC 2002

Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen at dekkers.cx> writes:

>> Sorry, but that is not possible because the FSF can not let
>> Debian decide what is free software and what is not.  The definition
>> of free software differs slightly between GNU and Debian.
>
> Is it really that different? Maybe Debian and GNU should both agree on
> what's free software and what not. I don't think it would be that
> difficult.

There are other issues, apart from the free software debate.

For example, RMS is very reluctant to accept crypto code, and Debian
is currently in the process of finally embracing all sorts of
cryptography.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/