Meeting with a political person

Loic Dachary loic at gnu.org
Tue Jan 22 17:00:53 UTC 2002

Nick Hockings writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > wrt lobbying, I am busy arranging to write Free Software columns for several
 > magazines. I will raise the issue of patents in these.

	That would be great.

	I'll need your public GPG key to send you more information about
the political contacts we have. Do you think there would be an opportunity
for you to make such contacts ? International coverage in these matters is
important, I believe.

	What you're doing (write in magazines) is an important preliminary
steps since political persons are more likely to listen to you if they see
texts advocating against software patents in the press. Don't hesitate
to ask (to discussion at fsfeurope.org) for proofreading or even ready-to-use
texts. It turns out that re-using existing texts is a lot easier, specially
since the software patent is so hard to understand.

	From Europe, I must admit we know very little about the
situation of Free Software in South Africa. Could you tell us if there
are magazines, companies supporting Free Software (not Open Source
;-), who are the people advocating for Free Software (photos such as
http://france.fsfeurope.org/news/article2001-09-29-01.fr.html are
great to get a feeling).

	I'm a bit confused by http://cyberlink.idws.com/fsm/ &
 http://www.fsfafrica.org/ could you explain the relationships between
 the two ? I assume you're working together anyay ;-)

	Cheers,

Loic   Dachary         http://www.dachary.org/  loic at dachary.org
12 bd  Magenta         http://www.senga.org/      loic at senga.org
75010    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 07 97          loic at gnu.org