Why we speak about Free Software

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Thu Apr 25 13:59:05 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 19:39, Wolfgang Jährling wrote:

> But it's certainly not because people think Free Software == Freeware.

It really depends on what do you mean with "people", I'm advocating
within non coumputer related people and they do NOT understand
difference beetween freeware/shareware/free software/open source/shared
source/whatever ...

... when they know at all that software is something that exist without
the machine and that Windows is not the only and first OS (when they
know what an OS is) on the earth. Some simply do not realize that a game
consolle or their microwave have a comupetr inside.

I just want to say: do not think people generally know what software is,
pretending they know what Free Software is, is just too much :)

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399