User friendly Free Software Desktops

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 14:27:24 UTC 2001

Josef Dalcolmo <dalcolmo at vh-s.de> writes:
> Win2000 is quite stable, at least stable enough for most people. If
> a crash happens only once in several month, people don't like it,
> but they put up with it if the rest is ok. Please compare up-to-date
> technology on both sides!

Whoa!  I was trying to make the point that there was some judicious
trimming occurring there and Alex was taking my quoted point out of
context.  It's just happened again...  I don't wish to cast
nasturtiums(sp?) over Win2k, just to try to kill topic drift with a
little humour.

> I don't see any performance difference when typing a letter, no
> matter what program I use. Most of the time is spent by me, trying
> to figure out how to do something, not by the program.

Yeah... I always think switching to latex gives the performance boost
there.  I wish someone would port LyX to a free toolkit, though.